I am happy to have an obligation free meeting with you prior to you booking my services.
Once you have made a firm booking with me, at least one month before the wedding date, I will guide you through the process of getting married in Australia & ensuring all legal requirements are met.
Both you & I have particular obligations both prior, during & after the ceremony.
- Ensure that I receive the Notice of Intended Marriage Form at least one month prior to the wedding day. A Notice of Intended Marriage is valid for 18 months after I have received it.
- A non refundable deposit of $200 is required at this time. This confirms your booking & also covers my costs up to this point.
- If you are an Australian citizen, you need to provide either an original Birth Certificate or Australian Passport & may require photo ID.
- If you are not an Australian citizen, you are able to use a Passport from your country of birth. An original Birth Certificate from your country of birth is also acceptable, as well as photo ID.
- If you have been divorced, an original Divorce Certificate must be shown.
- If you are a widow or widower, an original Death Certificate must be shown.
- Understand that all legal requirements (explained at the first meeting) must be adhered to.
- Pay balance of money owing two weeks before the wedding.
- To abide by the Marriage Celebrants Code of Practice.
- To ensure that you have a complete understanding of the requirements of getting married in Australia & ensure that all legal documents are completed in the correct time frame.
- To liaise with you to ensure that the wording in the ceremony is what you want & that the event is uniquely yours. We can edit the ceremony as many times as you like.
- Provide ongoing support to you (via phone, email or another meeting) with regard to the wedding ceremony.
- Ensure that the ceremony can be clearly heard by the witnesses & the guests. This is very important & so I use a first class PA system.
- To submit the legal documents to Births, Deaths & Marriages within 14 days of your ceremony.